“As soft as a baby’s bottom”….that’s how I would describe my mother’s as well as my grandmother’s skin. My mother is 65 and my grandmother is 90. I’m not kidding!! They have incredibly soft skin. I hope that I can inherit some of that great skin, but I also know that besides genetics there are things I should be doing to make my skin the softest it can be. Here are just a few simple tips my mother has shared with me:
1. Stay out of the sun, por favor! As a kid I remember my mother sitting under a giant umbrella at the beach, wearing the biggest straw hat she could find, with a beach towel covering her legs. This sounds ridiculous but I firmly believe protecting herself from the sun is the greatest secret to her miraculous skin.
2. If you have to be in the sun, wear sunblock. This means wearing sunblock everyday, whether you’re at the beach or just out taking a walk. Don’t neglect your arms because they can get age spots on them while you drive.
3. Use moisturizer. My mother has a set routine at night. She removes her makeup with cold cream and then uses a moisturizer every single night of her life without fail.
4. Lastly, use an apricot scrub. Now this isn’t one of my mom’s tips. This is actually something that I’ve found works for me. I use an apricot scrub once a week to clean out my pores. My face feels a lot softer afterwards.
Besides using a scrub, I just learned about a new way to exfoliate the skin. Neutrogena has a new Wave Sonic Power Cleanser, the first handheld cleanser to use spinning technology, working better than our hands to exfoliate our skin. It also beat out the leading product for make-up removal and eliminates impurities up to 50x times better. That sounds fantastic!
Visit Neutrogena Wave for more information on this great product!
I’d also like to tell you about a fun Twitter party that’s coming up:
LBC and Neutrogena is hosting a prize-filled Twitter party. Please join us!
- Theme: TIPS FOR A SOFTER SKIN
- When: Wednesday July 13, 2011
- Time: 9pm-10pm EST/6pm-7pm PST
- Where: On Twitter with the Hashtag #WaveForChange.
- Hosts: @BlogsByLatinas @BeChicMag @VivaFashion @LelaLuxe @FabChicandFit @MejoraMiHogarand moderated by @lbconnect
- Prizes: Three gift baskets (valued at $200 each) with a $150 gift card and $50 worth of Neutrogena products
To be eligible to win, you must join the party and participate during the hour with an original tweet (RT´s not eligible) using the #WaveForChange hashtag and answer the Giveaway questions. Check out the complete Terms and Conditions here.
A random winner will be chosen amongst those who answered correctly. Open only to residents of the United States. Void where prohibited.
Disclosure: I am participating in a blogging program from Neutrogena and Latina Bloggers Connect, and this post makes me eligible to win compensation.